There are a number of reasons that Attend Anywhere has been chosen for the PF, even if we sometimes don’t feel it’s best for us as individuals:
- It’s simple to use, especially for clients, as only an up-to-date browser is needed. No apps or downloads, or ‘accounts’ (for clients) needed.
- It protects the confidentiality of the counsellor’s contact details from clients, in line with PF policy and which is important for many counsellors.
- Clients are not required to reveal and share any of their contact details with counsellors, as they have to with Zoom and other options. (Yes, there is the issue of the AA login box asking for full name and phone number, but any client with concerns can quickly see, or be told, that it is not necessary to enter these).
- The PF admin staff can monitor the ‘Waiting Area’ as they do in the building, and offer a level of awareness, interaction, and client service that is not possible with VSee or Zoom. (Always remember these are ‘PF clients’, not the ‘counsellor’s clients’!)
- Attend Anywhere is and will become a relatively widespread and known system for everyone for online clinical sessions, as it is the standard for NHS consultations.
- It’s free! (A similar level of ‘control’ with VSee was quoted at £70k a year!)